Sunday, September 5, 2010

Other Shoes Project Day Two, September 3rd 2010

  Day Two of my project was both more shocking then my first day and not as shocking at the same time.
Well, after I put on my black hair ties that I use as wristbands, my black eye liner, my dog chain, my black shirt, black pants and black shoes, and I spiked my hair with hair gel, it was off to school for another day of this project. My mom drove me to school and dropped me off by the cafetaria. I walked in, and the reaction I got yesturday wasn't there anymore. I guess people were used to it now. I walked and sat down at my usual table, when Blake Garcia went over to his football friends over to the table right next to me, he looked at me and asked, "Want me to sing the song again, Ben?" To which I shook my head in a no movement, which caused the kids at the table to laugh. John Debohey, who just got back from a trip, saw me as a goth for the first time and said, "Oh, my God!" Then, to my surprise, a Sophmore that I don't know sat over at my table and asked why I'm being gothic and negative. I said because the point of this world is to suffer. She claimed it wasn't and I should be happy. I told her happiness doesn't exsist, she claimed it does. We went back and forth and she was trying to convince me to be happy, and I told her happiness is nothing but a distraction from suffering, to which she denied. This went on for twenty minutes until the ten minute bell rang and I went to my locker, got my stuff and went to Algebra class.
  In Algebra class, Max Fine was shocked at what I was doing, he was surprised me of all people would turn goth. He asked if my wristbands were tight, I claimed, "They aren't as bad as the pain I feel everyday of my pathetic life." To this, Jericho Lawson claimed I was just reapting the same things over and over again. I told Jericho, "You're distracting Max from his misery." Jericho's arms shot up as he exclaimed, "There you go! He's repeating himself." Mrs. Campbell then walked in and, as usual, she was in on my project. As I continued to act gothic in front of my peers, Jake Morrison and Richard Rexroat thought I was joking, when I actually "wasn't." Mrs. Campbell laughed at the fact I said we were all suffering. Class went on as usual, and when the bell rang, I walked through the halls to Mr. Toland's room. As I was walking, I saw Blake Livingston, who knows me from being in the plays, take a long stare at me. He looked like he seen a ghost, and that ghost was me.
  Before English started, Roni Wampler claimed I was wearing different stlye of face paint then yesturday. She was right. Yesturday, I painted to thorns on the bottome of my eyes, the next day, I painted big circles around my eyes. She said I looked like a panda, I then claimed she was a poor suffering sould. She started to cry and said, "How did you know?" Kim Melton asked me if my wristbands were tight, like always, I say, "Not as tight as the tightness of suffering." To which, Kim laughed. Veronica Geudimen asked me how my day was, and I replied, "Painful as always," she laughed at that. After that, English went on like normal.
  Next was Junior Seminar, before class started, Austin Carver told me, "Welcome to the dark side," and we fist bummped. Then, Brian Seagle came in, looked at me, and said to the whole class, "I told you! I told you he wasn't kidding! I told you all!" After the bell rang, class went on normally.
  In P. E. right before it started, and right after I changed into my P. E. uniforms, the same Freshmen that I don't know from yesturday tried to confort me. I told them they're wasting their time, but they wouldn't give up. I didn't take long before they left on their own free will, in a way that they knew that there was no changing me back. Right after we streched, Zoey Dodson was shocked to see I was still being gothic, she couldn't believe it, and she asked me, "Did something happen to you to make you do this?" I replied, "Yes, I was born." Zoey walked away, I sas in her face that she had lost faith in me. For P. E. that day, we played dodgeball. During the game, Brain Seagle tried to use me as a human sheild, to which I said, "Defend your own pathetic self," I then walked away. Another event that happened during the game was when kids on the opposite team were aiming at me, Tyler Hauck claimed, "Don't hit the devil kid, he has powers." However, that didn't work much, I got out a total of five times the whole class period. After the game was over and it was time to change, we went into the locker rooms. I was kneeling down because my locker is ground level when Tyler Hauck bumped into me. I shot up and threatened, "Don't touch me." Tyler then replied, "What are you going to do, goth kid?" We started eachother down as the other kids stood and cheered for me to hit Tyler. However, I grabbed my stuff and walked out of the locker room. I could hear Tyler say, "That's what I thought," as I walked out. When we were waiting for the bell to right, this Freshmen named Braxton asked about me and showed concern. I said the same basic stuff, and he couldn't believe it. We just met when the year started, and I bet he was surprised to see such a surprised change in me. Also, while we were waiting for the bell to right, I heard a kid tell me, "Go cut yourself." I didn't know who it was though. The bell rang, and I was off to Chemistry.
  Before Chemistry started, Tim Grege, John Debohey, Trace Lamkey, and Catylin Lamkey, all surrounded me and were asking me life related questions. I answered with suffering and misery and they all laughed. They said they knew it was part of my English project, even though I denied that. That went on for four minutes, then the bell rang and class started. We were doing a lab that envolved Skittles, M&Ms, and Reese's Pieces. My partner was T.J. Herman, who didn't bother me at all about my gothic attire. Mrs. Brock messed with me a lot during the lab. There was one time I didn't hear her directions and asked what she said, she then asked, "Are you not paying attention to me on purpose?" To which I replied, "Maybe I am." Also, there was another time where Mrs. Brock claimed my make up should be considered an educational distraction. But, during the lab, Kendra Gott was sitting behind me and she heard all the stuff I was saying and was saying I was taking it to far. I messed with her claiming she's a suffering sould and words like that. She was then getting frustrated and she said, "Ben! Just leave me alone!" I left her alone after that, she was suffering enough as it is. After the lab, we waited until the bell rang.
  It was lunch time, as I was walking into the cafeteria to set my stuff down at my table, I walked past the T.V. Mickey Ryan saw me and asked, "Ben, what the h***?" I ignored him. I then went and cut through the line to get my milk, I bring me own lunch, so all I need is a milk. As I was cutting through the line, kids saw me and got out of my way. I guess I scared them. I got my milk and sat down at my table. As I sat down and ate, Luke Murphy walked by and asked, "How are you?" But, he walked away before I could answer. Jay said he liked my shirt. Yesturday, I wore just a plain black shirt. Today, I wore a black shirt with a skull and a collage of other item on it. As I continued to act depressed and negative, David Calliham claimed I was going too far with the project. Lunch went on normally after that, the bell rang, and I was off to Art.
  In Art, right before it started, a girl named Victoria asked if I was goth or emo. I said goth, but she claimed I was a panda. Then, a girl I don't know asked what project turned me goth. I replied, "My own project." She then asked, "What made you do this?" I claimed, "All the suffering in this world." She then backed away. Mickey Ryan, who I heard in lunch, asked me, "Ben, what's wrong with you?" I replied, "This world is full of misery." He then said, "Okay, well, I hope you feel happy again." Mickey then backed away. After that, Art class went on like normal. The bell rang, and it was time for my last class, History.
  In History, Amanda Frye claimed my wrist bands were bad for my circulation. I replied, "Everything in this world is bad." Then, Luke Murphy over heard that and he said, "Ben, you're goth thing is starting to p*** me off." I said, "Everything in this world ticks you off." Brock Trader then said I'm really good at acting and said I should get an A for this project. The bell rang, and History class went on like normal.
  After that, the day is over. I'm one bus ride away to being done with this project. I got on the bus and nothing happened until Vickie stopped at the Elementary School and called me up. I walked up and she said, "What's with this, Ben?" "I'm goth now," I claimed. "Is something going on at home?" Vickie asked. "No, I did this on my own free will." I said. "Is this just your outside, or are you like this on the inside. Please tell me it's just the outside." Vickie pleaded. "It's both." I said. "Well, Ben. I can't believe you've done this. I don't know why, but I can't believe it. Why would the most kind hearted person do something like this?" She replied. I then saw tears developing in her eyes. It was that moment that I decided to end this project. I've known Vickie since first grade and she always loved me. I couldn't stand to see her cry, but the worst thing was I was the one who was making her cry. I then started laughing and I told her this was just a project for school. She's like, "Oh, thank goodness. Dang it, Ben, you got me good. Well, tell your teacher to give you and A+ because you made the bus driver cry." I then walked back to my seat. The bus drove to my house after the Elementary School kids were picked up and I walked off that bus in triump. I could now be myself again, and I don't have to be this deep, dark side of me that came out for two days and caused most of my friends that I've known for so long to lose faith in me.
  Bottem line, I learned from this project that people love me for who I am. Even if I do get on people's nerves alot, they're glad I'm not a gothic person who is mad at the world and has no sign of any happiness in his well being. Throughout the project, there people who knew it was a project, which I didn't like, there were people who didn't know it was a project, but liked the new me, people who didn't know it was a project that were shocked to death, and people who didn't know it was a project that didn't even know me and wanted to help me. This just goes to show, that even a big change in anyone can effect anybody and everybody. This just goes to show, everybody is known for something, and if that something is changed, people don't know what to do. In case your wondering, my partner, Devin Dunne and I drifted apart during this project, so I don't know what ended up of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment